Monday, October 9

Resin Painting with Dried Orchids... #Cre8time Explorations by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Casting Products inspiration post! I will let you in on a secret: sometimes I have no clue what direction some of my art projects will end up going. I can collect supplies, start working on something, maybe even get a basic idea of what I would like to do... then end up making something completely different – this project was one of those. 

I have a small collection of orchid blooms that I had dried and wanted to try to preserve in Amazing Clear Cast Resin. I had never worked with dried orchid blooms as they are very delicate, and can easily crumble if mishandled. I decided a frame was the best choice to display the dried orchids and also be able to hold the resin in place... so I got to work.


I found that with the first layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin the orchid blooms had a tendency to shift in the resin. So the first layer of resin had to be a thin pour and I let that cure to a tacky set. I added a second clear layer of resin to cover and protect the orchids. After this cured, I followed with two more layers of resin mixed with Alumidust or Alumilite Dye in different spots, using a toothpick to drag the colors through each other. This created a lovely ebb and flow of color to the resin.

I honestly lost track of time doing this and found it rather relaxing and meditative in nature. I let this layer of resin cure. The frame looks complicated but it is just four layers of resin poured. No waste of resin – just a few stir sticks, toothpicks and clean up with babywipes.


Please CLICK HERE to see the full tutorial on how I created this mixed media resin frame on my blog Art Resurrected.

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...