Friday, April 8

Introducing our AMAZING Featured Artist for April... Myléne Hillam of Mill Lane Studio


Happy Friday Amazing Crafters! Today we are excited to resume our "Featured Artist" series here at the Amazing Casting Products blog. Each month we feature one artist who will share a special project and some inspiration using Amazing Casting Products


Our featured artist this month is a friend to us, who is a jewelry and resin artist from the land down under – Australia. Myléne Hillam is an amazing jewelry artist who happens to love working with resin and will be joining us as our Featured Artist for April. Her love for jewelry shines bright through her beautiful and unique designs. She has projects featured on Cut Out and Keep, Favecrafts.com, and AllFreeJewelryMaking.com. Myléne is also specializes in mixed media and papercrafting... and even tasty treats – we can't wait to see what Myléne dreams up using Amazing Casting Products.

A little bit about Myléne...


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

As a designer, I have the kind of job that many crafter's dream of: I get to create and play with new craft products. With a job that allows me to craft all day, it’s no wonder that I love what I do.

Like most crafters, I’ve dabbled in many crafts over the years but in recent times, it’s jewelry-making and working with resin that make my heart sing. Of all the crafts I’ve tried, none has captivated me quite like resin has. There is something about mixing the two liquid components together to produce a solid resin that just spellbinds me.


After casting my first bangle some eight or nine years ago, I was hooked and that passion/obsession for resin has helped me experiment with lots of different techniques and has increased my knowledge and skills. I now teach four different workshops on a regular basis from my studio. Sharing my knowledge with others is one of the most rewarding things I do and I love watching students’ faces as they master the basics to create their own resin jewelry. 

 

Along with working with resin, I’m a jewelry designer and I recently authored two jewelry-making books: "Fabulous Jewelry from Findings" and "Stylish Leather Jewelry". I’m also a regular contributor to Craft Ideas magazine where you’ll find some of my leather and resin jewelry designs.

When I’m not creating in my studio, you’ll find me getting my hands dirty in the garden. Spending time in the sunshine and fresh air clears out the cobwebs when deadlines are looming.

To find out more about my work (and get a free jewelry-making tutorial or two), visit my blog, Mill Lane Studio: http://milllanestudio.blogspot.com.

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back next Friday for more from our Featured Artist Myléne Hillam... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to head on over to Myléne's Blog Mill Lane Studio to see more of her fabulous work!

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

6 comments:

  1. welcome to the group, can't wait to see what you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. It's so fun to be here amongst resin-loving friends.

      Delete
  2. Welcome Mylene, gorgeous bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn. As you can see, I rather like purple ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the fantastic Feature Mylene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...