Wednesday, February 17

When #Cre8time Goes Dimensional... Whimsical Owl Canvas by Bridget Cordero


Hi everyone! I decided for this project to go back to the basics and how you can use your resin pieces. I started with a 12" x 12" canvas and I painted it – once this was dry I used a stencil from my stash and stenciled the background. The tree of life started off a lot smaller then pictured. I used my paint and brush to extend the branches from the stenciled tree.


While this was drying, I used an owl mold I had previously molded from a bracelet and Amazing Mold Putty to make up my owls.




I mixed up small amounts at a time of the Amazing Casting Resin with the red and cotton candy Alumidust and poured into my molds. Some of the resin owl pieces I painted with acrylic paints.

If you would like to see
more details of my process,
please click HERE to view video.


Once the owls were all painted I added a few dress up pieces to them, glasses on some and a hat on the other and glued the owls on the branches. I hope you find inspiration to use your resin pieces on your canvases. 

How do you add dimension and whimsy
to your mixed media creations??

Thank you everyone for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you.

If you’d like to see more of my creations,
please stop by my YouTube Channel

• • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...