Monday, December 21

Merry and #Cre8time Bright Christmas Tags...
by Bridget Caldwell-Cordero

Hello everyone! I’m super excited to bring you this project. I wanted to make tags for some Christmas gifts but did not want to use or make the traditional ones... so I came up with this idea to create them out of resin {or should I say Amazing Clear Cast Resin and Amazing Mold Rubber}.


How does one make a resin tag??! I cut out a chipboard tag and wrapped it with saran wrap. Then used am empty tin I had and securely glued the tag to the inside. After that, I mixed up some Amazing Mold Rubber and poured it in {CLICK HERE for mixing/preparation}. Once this was cured I pulled the mold out and then the fun began...


I mixed some Amazing Clear Cast Resin – which is so easy to work with! Since the curing time takes longer, it gave me longer time to play around with the scenery I wanted to create on my tags. I also used the White Alumilite Dye to make it look like snow. I placed buttons and stickers to make little scenes on each tag.


Once the first layer cured over night, I mixed up some more of the Amazing Clear Cast Resin and added another layer. At this time I placed more decorations on a few of my tags to give them a 3-D layered effect. Once the tags were completely cured, I popped them out of the mold, drilled a hole in the top and added some ribbon and other fibers.

 
 

But the fun does not end there… When you share your gift with that special someone attach a ornament hook and they have a keepsake to hang on their tree for years to come!


How would you take your
holiday tags to a new dimension??

Thank you everyone for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you.
If you would like to see my video process by please click HERE.


If you’d like to see more of my creations,
please stop by my YouTube Channel

• • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never would have thought to use resin to make gift tags! They do look very pretty on the tree, with the translucent effect and the bulbs behind them. You could make them minimalist also, for those folks who like the natural, burlap, silver and lace monochromatic Christmas stylings, like myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...