Monday, November 23

Put a CORK in IT... #Cre8time Wine and Cheese Decor by Brenda Burfeind


Brenda from Creativity is a State of Mind here today. I want to show you something I created for a display at work. I recently got a job at a wine store where we only sell South Dakota wines. My boss found out that I like to decorate and make things and has asked me to make the displays. While I am having fun doing this, it's hard to figure out what I should do with the limited "fun" things she has for me to work with. Off to my grandkids' play sets I go ...

I knew they had a wedge of cheese in their dishes set and Amazing Mold Rubber was going to do the trick. I pulled out a butter dish I had and hot glued my wedge of cheese in it.


I added scrap bits and pieces of cured mold rubber that I keep for bigger projects. You just need to surround your piece with them so you don't have to use so much of the mixed up mold rubber.


Then I mixed up my Amazing Mold Rubber following the manufacturers directions {you can see a video tutorial here}. It set up in about 6 hours. Set up times vary by humidity.


After the mold had cured, I mixed up a batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin with some of the Yellow Alumilite Dye, then poured it into my mold {you can see mixing instructions here}. I wanted to have a void in my resin piece, so I created a wedge of Amazing Mold Putty in the shape of a point.


I strung the wedged piece and hung it from a paintbrush
just high enough to give a void inside the resin as it cured.


and now I have a cute holder for a wine bottle stopper – plus since I made it with Amazing Clear Cast Resin... it's food safe too!


Here is the display I created for the store. I think my boss will like it!


I hope you've enjoyed my faux cheese wedge
tutorial created with Amazing Casting Products.

The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for coming and viewing my tutorial and please leave
a comment and let me know what you think.
 
I hope you will hop over to my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind
 sometime and check out the fun things I've created.

Until next time, ~ Brenda

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...