Monday, September 28

#Cre8time Spiders and Spells... #Halloween Decor by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind and today I am excited to share an old but new post today for Mold Rubber Monday. Last year I created a glow-in-the-dark bracelet and this year I am using that same mold but in a whole new way. Well... sorta. I still made bracelets, but the bracelets are being used as something other than a bracelet. So let's get started:

http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-amazing-case-of-glowing-bangle-by.html  http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-amazing-case-of-glowing-bangle-by.html

If you missed last year's post on how I created the mold and then the bracelet you can view that post HERE! I really loved how my bracelet turned out and I still wear it on occasion.


So I started out with my Amazing Mold Rubber mold, the Alumilite Flo Orange Dye and the Amazing Clear Cast Resin. Please CLICK HERE to watch a video on mixing preparations.

Using the Amazing Clear Cast Resin takes a bit longer to cure depending on the temperature – for this project, each bangle took about 4 hours each to set up.


I then took my Dremel and polished them to get off
any overflow and to make them nice and round.


I then mixed up a tiny bit more of the Amazing Clear Cast Resin and the Alumilte "Flo" Orange Dye and painted over the polishing as it did leave polish marks.


Then I set them on my non-stick teflon sheet and let them dry there.


After only about an hour they were completely dry and I was able to take my dremel and drill a tiny hole on either side of the bangle.


While I was creating my bangles I seemed to over mix my resin. Rather have too much than not enough, Right?? So I poured my excess mixture into a tile letter mold that I created here.


After I popped out my letters I then laid them onto a Jet Black
StazOn® Ink Pad and gently rubbed to reveal the letters.


This is what you get.


Using the StazOn® ink will make it permanent.


I am not sure what I will use these for yet... but I will!

But now let's get back to the tutorial.


Using fishing line, decorative beads and crimp beads I created this.


The bangles are very lightweight so I added some bells to the bottom to create a windchime. I also glued some spider rings I had in my stash on top of the bangles.

  

I love how they move in the breeze.


I hope I've inspired you to reuse a mold you've created for
something other than what it was initially created for.

What would you create from an existing mold?

Thanks for joining us on Mold Rubber Monday and hope to see you soon! ~ Brenda

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...