Tuesday, September 8

#Cre8time Christmas Magic... by Brenda Burfeind


Hello Amazing friends! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind and I am already thinking of Christmas. I know it way too early, but as a crafter it's about the right time. I have some of my crafty things in a store in a neighboring town and they are calling for Christmas crafties already. So what better time but the "present" to prepare!

I got my inspiration from Pinterest for these fabulous Santa Keys. If you don't know what I am talking about just search Santa Key and you will find tutorial after tutorial. I found the cutest printable for the Santa Keys here at ByStephanieLynn.


I created my Santa Keys from some skeleton keys I had molded eons ago with the Amazing Mold Putty – and also some old keys I found in a thrift store when I was in Florida visiting our fearless leader, Susan.


I cast the keys using Amazing Casting Resin with some Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder mixed in. I rubbed a bit of copper and green colored Rub 'n Buff just to give it a bit of an aged patina look. I then printed out the saying and attached it to some pretty Christmas paper. I can't wait to make a whole bunch of these and take them to my store!


I hope I've inspired you to go through your junk drawer or grandpa's coffee cans and find some skeleton keys to mold and hang on the door for Santa when he comes to visit!


What kind of special holiday decor do you create??

Thanks for visiting today and I look forward to your comments! Until next time, remember, it's never too early to start your Christmas crafting! ~ Brenda

Until next time, Brenda sending some Hope your way!
Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. Non for Christmas but lots for Halloween. :)
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...