Wednesday, August 26

#Cre8time for an Arabian Night Adventure...
by Melissa Johnson

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a project I made with an "Arabian Nights" inspiration using some of my favorite Amazing Casting Products

Me and a group of my artist friends are collaborating on a paper mache animal project (more on this on my blog next week). After I finished altering my camel with color, I painted the whole thing with the Amazing Clear Cast to add a really high gloss, almost glass-like appearance. 


I knew I wanted to build a sort of shadow box to put my animal in, and I was just about to leave to go buy a box when I discovered this leftover Christmas box in a closet. Perfect! (I love recycling!) 


I went to work on altering the box. I covered it in gesso, paint, and added some wrapping paper I bought at World Market to the inside. For the back, I used scrunched up tissue paper and Mod Podge. When that was dry I added Alumilite Pearlescent Powder to some Golden Clear Tar Gel and brushed it into the tissue, giving it a beautiful luster and texture. 



I finished the box by adding details like vintage sari pieces for curtains, beads, a fun little rug I made from patterned paper and a piece of trim, and a piece that I molded and painted using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin




And my finished project... 


Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG to see more of my mixed media creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...