Tuesday, July 28

Macho yet #Cre8time Cool! #Steampunk Frame REDUX by Tanya Ruffin


This was made using a few items from my favorite place... the Dollar Tree!


Start with a frame and a submarine toy. I loved the look of these subs! It looked like something from 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea.  Ok, now I am thinking a Beatlesque item with a YELLOW SUBMARINE!! Now, where do I find some blue meanies??


Using Amazing Mold Putty, I made a mold of the subs. 


Once the molds are cured you can dust the inside with Copper Alumidust or use copper Rub 'n Buff® after resin cures (that is how I made this one). I also mixed in some black Alumilite Dye with the Amazing Casting Resin.


Using some left over scrapbook paper and a Sizzix Eileen Hull 3D wrapped Flower die, I made some roses. You can make some similar by using the template included on Victorian Resin roses post or just use some silk roses.

Once cured, I glued the subs and the roses to the frame and inserted a Steampunk'd portrait (shhhh... don't tell my hubby he is in this post).


Yea, I stole a cigar from my hubby's stash for this photo! 

And there you go, a macho yet cool picture frame!


Kind of Wild, Wild West-ish with this filter!

What fun ways do you embellish
with Amazing Casting Products?

Go Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya



Tanya Ruffin.com


Create Studios Baton Rouge

Tanya Ruffin

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...