Wednesday, July 8

Aimée Wheaton... An AMAZING Artist Spotlight


Good Afternoon! Today we bring you a fun Q&A with one of our AMAZING Creatives... Aimée Wheaton - and we'll get to know her a little better! Aimée is a fabulous painter and mixed media artist who has wowed us with her artistic and creative twist on moldmaking and casting. Enjoy :) Sb

"I love to travel, spend time with family and dabble in photography when I'm not creating or playing with makeup. I've been doing mixed media art for about 10 years now and have learned and built on so many different skills as a result. I love how they all flow together seamlessly and can be interchanged to create something amazing. As a mom 2 two daughters I transformed our playroom into a studio for all three of us, it isn't used a whole lot but it's nice to know we can create together when we have time. My girls keep me on my toes as both just got into new hobbies, acting and dancing. I need to clone myself daily. I'm super happy to be on this fun design team, it's keeping me grounded in my foundations of creativity."

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"When I was young I wanted to be an artist living in NYC in a nice apartment with the option to travel the world, not sure where I thought the money would come from. As I got older I wanted to be a traveling photojournalist."

Coke or Pepsi???
"Neither - hate soda. Too sweet. Give me half sweet / half unsweet tea any day and not from a mix!"

What inspires you?
"I am inspired by nature, history, antique stores, and travel."


What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?


The State Hermitage Museum (Winter Palace) - photo from Saint-Petersburg.com 
"Go to St. Petersburg, Russia and visit the Winter Palace. Home of the last Romanov Tsar. I'm a Russian History Buff. Next would be to go to Greece."

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?

"Life is too short, LIVE each day to your best!"


If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
"Water."

What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"For me it's usually music from the 1920's - 1940's or Cirque du Soleil soundtracks... sometimes classical. I can't do rock or anything super heavy it gets too distracting."
We hope you enjoyed this peek inside Aimée's world.

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back later today for some AMAZING Inspiration from Aimée Wheaton... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to head on over to Aimée's website "Aimée Wheaton Mixed Media Art and Design" and check out more of her fabulous work.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...