Tuesday, July 21

A Charming #Cre8time at the "SEA"... by Maria Soto


Hi there! Today I want to share a project that was inspired by a charm swap. I took part in a "Mermaid" swap... and can hardly wait to get my box and see what everyone has made. I have painted so many mermaids, that I had to do a special pendant to go along with this theme.

I'm sharing two pendants I made. On one I stamped a mermaid image on a piece of metal, and the other has a photo copy of the mermaid from the first photo below.

First I will share a couple of the mermaid paintings I've done. Once I'm done with one, another one starts right after... and it seems I'm hooked on this theme!




I have several more that I've finished and a couple
in the works. These are 6" x 3 3/4". 


These are the materials used to make the metal mermaid heart. 


Using ImpressArt® Metal Stamps, I stamped the word "Sea", then using the hammer
I added texture to represent waves and added some blue coloring to the edges. 


On this pendant I added a metal stamped mermaid, then used Amazing Clear Cast Resin to glue the mermaid to the metal. Once dried, I added resin over the entire heart and carefully placed the tiny shells over the resin and left it cure over night. The resin gives the pendant a glass like look. 


This pendant was a bit quicker to finish. For this charm I used a color copy of the first mermaid I painted (see above). After all the stamping was done, I added the resin to the metal heart, then placed the mermaid image and the shells... and left it alone to cure till the next morning.

I love using Amazing Clear Cast Resin as a sealer on my jewelry making, it is pretty hard to get a very good photo of the resin itself, but trust me it looks just like glass. I love how this charm swap has inspired me, I can hardly wait to get my box full of goodies. I think I might get more inspiration and this might go on for a while. 

What you have you done,
that has inspired you to create?

I can't wait to use resin on my art pieces, have quite a few ideas in the works. Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativityat http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...