Tuesday, March 10

Stamping an AMAZING #Cre8time Galaxy...
by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another fun project using Amazing Casting Products! I often find myself pushing products and supplies to their limits, testing out what they can and cannot do. It might seem strange but it gives me a better understanding how a product might work for future projects I want to do. One of those supplies I have been testing what creative limits it might have is Amazing Remelt. I got to thinking about how I can make stamps using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Mold Rubber – could I do the same with Amazing Remelt?


I started by putting polymer clay through a pasta machine at the thickest setting.


Then using a variety of sculpting and texture tools I made a series of abstract patterns in the clay. I tried a variety of shapes and sizes, I wanted to see how much detail the Amazing Remelt would capture.


I pushed a cookie cutter all the way through the clay sheets and left them in place. I then carefully removed the excess clay from the sides and baked the clay, with the cookie cutters in place, as per the manufacturers instructions.


Once the clay pieces were fulley cured, I place raw polymer clay around the edges of the cookie cutters to act as a seal to prevent any Amazing Remelt from seeping out of the edges.


I then sprayed all of the pieces lightly with cooking spray to act as a mold release. I heated the Amazing Remelt in the microwave, in the container it comes in. I poured the heated Remelt in the cookie cutters with the polymer clay pieces and let it cool.


Carefully I removed the Amazing Remelt pieces from the clay and cookie cutters, trimming any excess from the edges. Remelt has a slight tacky nature when cured and I found if you slightly moisten an acrylic block with water and place the molded Remelt piece on top, it acts like a cling stamp. 


I first tried stamping fabric using fabric acrylic paint – which worked okay but the stamped images were somewhat faint because the fiber had a soft spongy nature to it. So for future stamping on fabric projects, using a smooth cotton or linen-like fabric would be more ideal to get a clean stamped image. 


I then tried stamping the Amazing Remelt stamps on paper using stamping ink. The images were sharp and had wonderful shading on the edges if I rocked the Remelt stamp back and forth with my fingers. I was able to get light and dark stamped images all based on how much pressure was applied to the edges. 

**If you decide to switch to another color ink or paint keep in mind when cleaning Remelt water will over time dissolve the Remelt. 


So after my stamping tests I can safely say Amazing Remelt makes a wonderful temporary stamping material that you can REUSE! However if you fall in love with the stamp you created and want a permanent one you can easily use the same technique to create stamps out of Amazing Mold Rubber.

With so many DIY stamp designs and so many surfaces to apply stamped images to the possibilities are endless!

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?


Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I found some Amazing Remelt at Hobby Lobby. So excited to try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess. :) I hope you enjoy working with Amazing Remelt and be sure to check out all the other Remelt projects on the blog for inspiration. Happy crafting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...