Tuesday, March 24

#Cre8time meets Play-Doh! AMAZING Wearable Inspiration from Aimée Wheaton


Hi all! Aimée back with a little inspiration from my three year old's play time. While cleaning up her Play-doh stuff this funky orange hardened piece of Play-doh fell out of the plastic mold and onto the table. It was super funky and cool looking and of course I thought it would be the perfect item to mold.


If you don't have a young child at home you probably don't recognize the shape, it's from a Despicable Me Minion Play-doh set. The funky bomb looking shape at the top of this necklace is from the head of a minion and the little knobs are supposed to be the hair coming out. This dried up in her set and came out looking like this...


It molded well too!! So I decided to go with it.


I painted in some metallic Alumidust into the mold and then prepared my resin. I used the Amazing Casting Resin along with some Alumilite Blue Dye – mixed it up then poured it. I let it set and then drilled holes in the top and bottom. I filed it in areas to distress it a bit and then started building my funky pendant using various chains, beads, wire and charms. Lastly, I added it to a shorter cord. This one of a kind necklace you won't find in a store!


I like that it looks substantial but it's light as a feather.


The rounded beads at the bottom are resin druzy beads I found at Michael's.


I hope you enjoyed this and I bet you'll look at your kids dried Play-doh pieces differently now! ;)

To see how all of our AMAZING products can enhance your art,
check out these AMAZING products!

Let's see what you can create with
AMAZING Casting Resin and Play-Doh!

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 
To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...