Friday, February 13

Gummy Bears are the KEY to #Cre8time... AMAZING Inspiration by Featured Artist Katie Smith


For my inspiration post, I wanted to share these key chains I made and shared on my blog at the beginning of the year.

I was inspired to bust out my resin supplies when I had the idea to make resin gummy bears. I mean, What's cooler than resin gummy bears?? Maybe resin gummy bear key chains! I'm thrilled with how they turned out, they look just like the real thing to me!


I took pictures of how I made the mold, so if you want
to make your own faux gummy bears, here's how:

Supplies: Amazing Mold Putty, Amazing Clear Cast Resin, Alumilite Dye, Gummy Bears, keyrings and a few jumprings and eyehooks.

Note - when picking out your gummy bears to use for the mold make sure not to get any defective bears! You don't want one that's missing a leg.

1. Start by mixing equal amounts of the mold putty together, until they're one color.

 

2. Next form your mold into a strip that's about 1.5"-2" tall and wide enough for a few gummies. Don't spread your putty out too thin though, you want it sturdy.


3. Place however many gummy bears will fit into your mold, pressing them in firmly. Make sure the Amazing Mold Putty squeezes in around them.


4. Let your Amazing Mold Putty completely dry, following the instructions on the container and then remove your gummy bears {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.

5. Now you can mix up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and pour it in to your mold to make faux gummy bears! I used clear resin, mixing in a little bit of Alumilite dye into it to create the color of the gummy bears {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


I turned my gummy bears into keychains, just using
a keyring and a few jumprings and eyehooks.

What would you do with resin gummy bears? 

You can see more of my art on my blog: www.punkprojects.com.  ~ Katie


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back next Friday for more from our Featured Artist Katie Smith... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to visit her blog punkprojects.com and see more of her fabulous work. Don't forget to drop CraftGossip.com and check out her Indie Crafts column, too. Have a fabulous day!

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...