Wednesday, November 5

#Cre8time to Design Your own Unique Mold...
by Brenda Burfeind

Good day! Brenda here to show you how to create your own unique mold using none other than the Amazing Crafting Products.  You can click here and find everything I am showing you today.

I started out by wanting to make a pendant unique to me. I started out with using my Amazing Mold Putty and a domino that I will use as my base. Amazing Mold Putty sets up in abut 5 to 10 minutes depending on the air temperature in your house. Please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.

For this project I used my Amazing Mold Putty and pressed my domino into it for about 30 seconds. Just enough time to get a nice "well" shape. Be careful pulling your domino out because the mold putty hasn't had time to "set up" and you do not want to disturb the "well" shape. Because of the next step I was unable to get a picture of the domino in the mold putty but then moving rather quickly I added "cat food" pieces into the mold putty pushing them deeper into the "well".


Here are all the little pieces of "cat food" after letting the mold putty set up for about 8 minutes. You will know if your mold is ready by poking your fingernail in the mold. If it doesn't show a mark, it's ready to be demolded.


Next I mixed up some Alumilite Violet Dye with the Amazing Casting Resin and "spooned" it into the "cat food" pieces wells. I usually "spoon" my casting resin rather than pour, to get it right where I want it without overspill. Please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


Then I mixed up some Alumilite Black Dye with the Amazing Casting Resin and poured the rest of the mold. I usually am working on multiple projects at once, so here is a sample of things I'm working on for some future posts over at my blog.


When I demolded the pendant this is what I found.


Love the rich color of the purple! 
By the way, it's my favorite color if you haven't figured that one out yet.


And here is my pendant all ready to wear.


Isn't that purple to "dye" for?  LOL


But now wait... I have a small surprise. Before I added my Alumilite Violet Dye, I actually painted each well with the Alumilite Phosphorescent Powder to make it glow in the dark.


Exposing the pendant to direct sunlight for about 1 minute
and running to the darkest room in my house I was able to capture this...


and this!  


Now I couldn't hold still enough for the camera not to move while taking these pictures in the dark, but I'm sure you get the idea. My pendant GLOWS!  

I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial today on building your own unique mold. 

If you could create your very own mold,
what shape or items would you use?

Thank you for stopping by and until next time,


 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

6 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this glowing pendant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's pretty cool, I didn't know about that product for glow in the dark

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project, I love purple and the Mold Putty really is so versatile for a variety of projects and creations. I bet that phosphorescent powder would be perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danie, I wore the necklace Thursday before Halloween. Everyone made comments and loved it. It was a great hit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...