Monday, July 7

Painting Everything Under the #Cre8time Sun... Mold Rubber Monday with Susan M. Brown {sbartist}


Welcome to another Mold Rubber Monday! Susan here to share another use of Amazing Mold Rubber with my favorite new friends... Faber-Castell Gelatos®.

Amazing Mold Rubber is now available MICHAELS!!! It's also available in Hobby Lobby Stores, other retail locations and also at the moldputty.com website – so please feel free to search our archives and get inspired and excited about mold-making and casting... and MORE! 


Amazing Mold Rubber is an easy to use, high strength liquid silicone mold making rubber that is strong, soft and flexible - great for undercut parts and cures in approx. four hours. Amazing Mold Rubber is a two-part liquid rubber used to make extremely elastic molds to produce quick and exact reproductions of your original. Replicas can then be cast in Amazing Casting ResinAmazing Clear Cast Resin for plastic parts - or use other materials such as plaster, wax, clay or polyester... and that's just the beginning to all the fabulous uses just waiting to be discovered!

To view mixing and preparation of Amazing Mold Rubber and how I created my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate CLICK HERE! To view a second video which is a test run on my faux gelatin plate... and my FIRST TRY at Gellin' – CLICK HERE.

Now with the business out of the way...
how about some creative magic??!

I joined a summer themed tag swap at Viva Las VegaStamps! and I wanted to have a painterly background to showcase my stamped images. Faber-Castell Gelatos® are my current favorite go with me everywhere tool and this was a perfect occasion to do a little Cre8time experimentation with monoprinting on my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate.


Using an assortment of yellow, green and blue Gelatos®, I colored directly to my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate. I added a few spritzes of water and then pressed a natural color cardstock onto the top, rubbed and pulled off the monoprint.


The yellow is pretty strong and still has some color left after the first print. I added a little more blue and green, spritzed again and repeated to create a half dozen prints with similar color... each with it's own painterly personality.


Here's what two of my collection of Gelatos® monoprints looked like before stamping.


And the completed tag after stamped and inky goodness!
Total summer fun!!!


Now it's time for project cleanup {boo-hoo}. Despite my best efforts, the Gelatos stained my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate and wouldn't wash off very easily {they do have a bit of a waxy composition to them}. No worries! I have a crafty fix-it... pour resin on it and peel it off! I rubbed a sheet of blank cardstock to make sure it was completely DRY and FREE of water/moisture before proceeding with resin.

My apologies I didn't get a photo of the resin mixing/pouring step {CLICK HERE for mixing/preparation of Amazing Casting Resin}. I prepared a small batch of Amazing Casting Resin and poured directly on top of Gelatos – spreading around with stir stick evenly to edges. For added stability and to help speed up curing of thin layer of Amazing Casting Resin, I gently pressed a crumpled sheet of deli paper into the liquid resin – careful not to press so hard to squeeze the resin out off the edges of the rubber plate. Just enough to get a bond of resin to paper.

 

When cured after about 20 minutes, I gently peeled the resin back from the rubber plate which completely removes all of the gelatos. It's so AMAZING!


Side-by-side the clean rubber plate and my paper-backed resin pull.


My plate is clean now and I also have a wonderful painted resin base for mixed-media arting.

How would you paint using Gelatos
and Amazing Mold Rubber???

Please leave a comment below to share your ideas -or- please, ask us questions! If you would like to see more of my creations, please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here -or- check out more videos on my YouTube channel here. ~ Susan

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative evening!
...........................................

Want to Socialize with Amazing Crafting Products?
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...