Tuesday, July 22

Christmas #Cre8time and #MoldMaking in July!!! AMAZING Inspiration from Maria Soto

Hi there, this is Maria and today I bring you a post about crafting on the go. I like to craft when I get inspired – so I try to always carry a pocket size sketchbook, to doodle ideas that come to mind when I'm at work... or anywhere else. Sometimes I go a bit further and carry some crafty products with me, and Amazing Mold Putty is an easy product to use anywhere you go. 

I do like to recycle – sometimes not only using recycled items into my projects, but also for storage, too! For instance, when I open up a new stamp or stickers and they come in those little mylar bags... I keep them – just in case I need to store something else in them.

I've read some posts on Facebook about Christmas in July, and this has got me into the holiday spirit. I do have some holiday ornaments at work that I like to display during Christmas and Halloween – so I decided it was time to bring some Amazing Mold Putty with me to work. I have this cute Santa face I made many, many years ago out of polymer clay. I really liked how he came out – so I thought why not make a mold of him so later on I can start making some; and paint them all different to use them as family ornaments and give as gifts this Christmas.

So today's post is simple – just to show you how easy it is to carry small amounts of Amazing Mold Putty on the road with you... to make that one mold you just have to have when creativity strikes. 


I took two equal amounts of Amazing Mold Putty and placed them in this little recycled packing envelope. This just happened to have two separate sections which is perfect to carry the mold putty in. Once I got to the office and it was time for lunch, I brought out my little crafty package.


I took out the Amazing Mold Putty, and made balls out of the equal amounts of parts "A" and "B". Then I mixed the two parts completely until there is no visable swirls; making sure there is no white showing for it to work like it's supposed to. Once the putty was mixed, I took the polymer clay Santa head and pressed it into the Amazing Mold Putty. Please CLICK HERE to view mixing instructions.


I left to get my lunch. When I got back about 10 minutes later and I decided to just leave it alone and wait until my lunch was done. I knew it was all ready, and letting it sit longer would not cause any problems to the mold.

Once I finished my lunch, I removed my Santa head. There it was a perfect mold! Look at all the details captured by the mold putty... this is an amazing product, it really is. It really only took me about 5 minutes to mix the amazing mold putty; place the Santa head into the putty and wait about 10 more minutes for my mold was done. Now this is what I call fast crafting on the road! I don't get to go out much... but after this project I like to carry Amazing Mold Putty with me – because you just never know what you might find out there that might make a great mold.


Here is my mold all done... and it only took about 10 minutes.
Look at all the detail captured in the mold! 

Once we get a bit closer to Christmas, I will go ahead and make my new Santa ornaments to share with the family. So keep a look out for my post when these are done – I will share with you what I create with this fun mold.


I can't wait to get started making these
new Santa ornaments to give away! 

I hope I have inspired you to be ready for those moments when ideas come... and you won't have to wish you had your molding products with you – because you DO have them with you!

Please share what you make with Amazing Crafting ProductsWe are featuring our fan's photos right here on the Amazing Crafting Products Blog every Friday in July – so make sure to join us and have fun creating!!!!

Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativity"
at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

6 comments:

  1. Great job on your tutorial on keeping crafting products with you. I, myself, carry Amazing Mold Putty with me also because you never know when you will find something to mold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria - love your handmade Santa ornament! What a wonderful way to share your creativity with others by molding and creating more with Amazing Mold Putty. Can't wait to see all the little Santas to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been times when I wanted mold putty to quickly mold an item I came across while away from my craft room and now, thanks to your great idea, I've packed a molding kit for when I'm on the move :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments, I just think I'm going to need a biger purse or a carry on bag for all my crafty supplies, you need to be ready for that creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria - you just need to leave a whole box of mold putty stashed in your desk at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan - I was thinking on doing that - a coworker is always wearing old jewelry with so much detail, I want to mold them all - but I think I went crazy with my putty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...