Wednesday, March 26

#Cre8time for FURbabies! Cheap and Easy Springy Dog Collar by Tanya Ruffin



Spring has sprung, but in Louisiana we usually have 2 seasons, Winter and Summer... So Spring to me means Summer is on it's way. I just returned from a cruise and beautiful tropical flowers were everywhere. This collar reminds of Jamaica and summer (and another cruise). The project was very cheap and easy to make. I think I will start on a Halloween collar too!

I used Amazing Crafting Products and dollar store items!


Materials:



Cheap project. Cost $2.00 cash and supplies on hand! 

Steps:

The first thing I did was take my collar out of the package and decide where I wanted the flowers to go. I marked the collar with a pen and punched holes using a  Crop-A-Dile.


I then put E6000® on a Q-tip and ran it through
and around each hole so the collar wouldn't fray.


The collar was woven and would start to unravel if I skipped this step. 

The next step is to pour your resin. I mixed some Alumilite Violet Dye with the Amazing Casting Resin to get a light purple {CLICK HERE to view how to prepare/mix resin}. Then pour the resin into the ice cube tray. As it is just about to set up I place my brads in, letting them sink in a little – but not so much that they fall to the bottom of the tray. 


After the resin sets up, I mixed up some more Amazing Casting Resin – this time leaving it white, then pour another layer of resin into each mold. I only pour enough to cover the bottom of the brads, so they are sealed in. 


You can see the second layer curing. 

When completely cured (about 20 minutes),
pop out your pieces and attach to the collar.


How Stinking Adorable is This?

Quick and easy project. The hardest part was trying to get one of my dogs to sit still long enough to get a photo! Two dogs (daddy and daughter) were used to get these photos. :)


What can you make with brads?


Until next time! ~ Tanya

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com



• • • • • • • • • •

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! My dogs would love their own custom collars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, and you can use it for anything else, very pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...