Thursday, February 20

Spending My #Cre8time Making Amazing Resin Jewelry... by Maria Soto


Hi, this is Maria bringing you an inspiration post. The last project I made with Amazing Clear Cast Resin - I mixed quite a lot because I wanted to make some thin resin sheets {CLICK HERE to view how to prepare/mix Amazing Clear Cast Resin}. I wanted to bring in a little bit of color by using an ink pad and some Ranger Distress Red Glitter and that's just what I did. See I love making jewelry, and even more I love making my own beads... and in this case my own jewelry shapes. I have to say the earrings and necklace are so light you can't feel them at all – this is a must for me! I love jewelry that is light, especially earrings.

After the resin cured for 24 hours, I went back and peeled it off from the non-stick craft sheet and took my tiny Westcott scissors and cut basic shapes, circles, squares and rectangles in small sizes since the resin sheet I made was small.


As a jewelry designer, one of the main goals is to make jewelry light, fun, unique, and interesting - just to name a few. Well the thin Amazing Clear Cast Resin sheets are perfect for that. By adding some thin colored wire, beautiful Swarovski Elements, and misc. jewelry findings, I made this jewelry set. 

 

I love these Swarovski Elements, you get so many beautiful colors with every movement. 


My daughter loved the cuff, her comment when I asked her to try it, she said,
"I love it, and I would wear this!"
So I got her approval of satisfaction.


This easy to use product has inspired me to get more creative with my jewelry making, I love, love to challenge myself and this was a fun challenge. I hope to have inspired you to find some #Cre8time, too! I have some ideas in the works already for how to make it easier to make my Amazing Clear Cast Resin sheets ahead of time to have on hand for any crafting project – and how you can use these for more than just jewelry making. 


What type of jewels would you design?

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out projects from all the other designer's here and sign up to get email alerts... that's how you will always know what we're up to.

I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativity"
at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • •


CLICK HERE for Details how you can enter to WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...