Tuesday, November 12

AMAZING Color and Clarity... Mold Rubber Inspiration by Isabel Villarreal


I just cannot get over how AMAZING this is! I have two pendants with very fine detail work on them-one is a hand carved jade Buddha and the other is a sterling Tibetan piece I was given years ago. Now, I tried casting these two pieces before using Amazing Mold Putty but I wasn't happy with the results... a lot of the subtler details were lost and if I used Amazing Clear Cast Resin my castings would turn out a little foggy.

With Amazing Mold Rubber my castings are just incredible. One my favorite things about using Mold Rubber is that when I use Amazing Clear Cast Resin it's as clear as glass when it dries. This just opens it all up to so many possibilities! I've been playing around with layering color and embedding items inside of the castings (so exciting!!!!) and I'm really happy with the results so far. 

I've actually done about a half dozen castings of each pendant with slight changes to each one and I'm learning as I go along. One more item of note about working with Amazing Mold Rubber is that curing times are a little longer. The Amazing Clear Cast Resin takes about two hours longer and the Amazing Casting Resin takes about 20 minutes longer - 30 minutes if you are adding Alumilite Dyes to the mixture. I have a few more experiments to run as I'm learning how to get the most out of my castings with Amazing Mold Rubber. I'll be sure to share the results!

What will you be casting with Amazing Mold Rubber?

I'd love to see what you create! Please upload and share your creations to the NEW

user GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website for all the world to see.

...........................................

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...