Wednesday, August 7

Design some DIY Doggie Bling... AMAZING Inspiration by Isabel Villarreal


If you have a family dog or cat, you know how much fun they are to spoil and shower with gifts. I have two dogs and foster a third, so I know how easy it is to spend tons of money in an effort to show everyone who'll listen that my pets (and by default, me) have great taste, style and flair. And there's nothing like a collar charm or personalized tag to add pizzazz. Trust me, I have spent countless dollars on every kind of tag and charm that's ever been made only to have them lost. With Amazing Crafting Products you can make beautiful and inexpensive tags and charms to show off your pet's personality.


I started with a metal tag that I got as a memento for participating in a 5k run. It has engraving on the front, but the back of the tag was nice and smooth and made for a great base. Amazing Mold Putty is super easy to use and it's also the perfect solution for making duplicates. Once you have a mold you can use it countless times. I used Amazing Casting Resin to make the White tag (it dries a solid White color) and Amazing Clear Cast Resin mixed with Alumilite Silver Metallic Powder to make the Silver tag. Once they were cast I cut the backs off of some novelty buttons, cut some colored craft paper and letters from a magazine to make these adorable personalized tags. As a final step, I used Amazing Clear Cast Resin as a top coat to seal the layers.

The best part? The tags are not metal - they're resin, so they're very light and as a bonus there's no loud jingling. Just fun, flashy bling for your pet!

What kind of bling will you create for your furry friend?

I'd love to see what you create! Please upload and share your creations to the NEW
user GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website for all the world to see.

Isabel Villarreal

.................................

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog via email on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it's adorable and I know I will be making some for my kitties, and I know my sister would love these for her cats and dogs, and she has a lot of them - thank you!!! is a grate project

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...