Friday, August 2

Capture those "Good Times"... Mini Shadow Box
by Guest Designer Jess B.

Hi Everyone! Jessica here to show you another fun way to use Amazing Clear Cast Resin and Alumilite Dye. I wanted to create a gift that I know will put a life-long smile on my husband's face. 


As our children are growing so quickly, I want to cherish those Good Times. I am my moms only child... and will never understand what it is like to have a brother or sister. My kids can fight and argue all day but still manage to find comfort together. This picture was not staged or set up - I walked over casually to the living room and said "smile".


I started with a wooden shadow box by conditioning, painting and then let dry over night. I added a piece of scrap paper as my first layer. I prepared a batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin, following the easy instructions {click here to view} and measured equal amounts of parts "A" and "B"; then stirred gently and thoroughly. I let it rest for a few minutes before pouring over the paper into the tray.


I used a lighter to remove any bubbles leftover from mixing. I set aside to cure for 24 hours.


The next day, I prepared and added another layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin; then added mini bulbs from Hobby Lobby "Spare Parts" collection, some colorful beads and cello glitter. I repeated the same process for the first layer to remove remaining bubbles and let cure again for another 24 hours.


For a third and final layer - I added the photo and dropped in a few drops of Alumilite Red Dye inside creating swirls with a toothpick. I let this cure for another 24 hours... and it's DONE!


INGREDIENTS: Amazing Clear Cast ResinAlumilite Red Dye; wooden shadow box; scrap paper; photo; Recollections wood embellishments; miscellaneous beads; and Hobby Lobby - Paper Studio Spare Parts.

I am very happy with this project and have started my holiday gift giving.

What would you put inside your Shadow Box?

I would love to hear what your answer is and what you would LOVE to create with Amazing Mold Putty... please leave a comment below! To see more of my work, please CLICK HERE to visit my blog "thatzuneek".

Thanks for stopping by! 


.................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...