Tuesday, July 16

Amazing Scrabble Piece Necklace... by Rachel Whetzel

Hello!! It's Rachel! Here to share with you my idea to use Scrabble Tiles to create a clear square to make necklace pieces with! 


To create your piece like this, you'll need the following: 

•  A scrabble tile

•  A cool piece of art work for the back of your tile

•  Crafter's Pick the Ultimate Glue (or whatever your favorite is) 



•  Jewelry making bits 

Let's get started! First, choose some scrabble pieces to use... I have another project to try, so I choose the letters I wanted for that project, and two tiles for this project. 


Mix equal parts Amazing Mold Putty and prepare it for molding. Next, place the pieces for this project letter side up in your mold, and let the mold set. I pushed my pieces in deep to make my cast pieces thicker.


Once your mold is set, mix Amazing Clear Cast Resin in equal parts, and pour into your mold. Let it set up before removing the pieces.


When your pieces are finished, you'll notice that one side is more shiny than the other. Don't worry about this, because in the end, it won't matter. Sand down the edges of your piece, and prepare it for glue. 


Find a cool piece of art work, and glue your piece to it. I used a page from Gauche Alchemy's Ephemera Variety pack. 


Once your glue is dry, mix a very tiny amount of Amazing Clear Cast Resin and use a Qtip to apply a layer over your cube. I made myself a mat with Amazing Mold Putty to keep any drips from sticking to the surface my piece was curing on. 


I applied Amazing Clear Cast Resin to both sides, (allowing cure time for both sides) to help make my piece water proof. Remember the mention of the cloudy cure above? To avoid that on your finished piece, make sure that all your resin cures with air touching it. The cloudy finish of a cast is happens only on areas that are touching a surface while they cure. Covering your piece one side at a time, will create a piece with a glossy finish on all sides. It also makes your piece WATER PROOF! 


I used more Amazing Clear Cast Resin to set my jewelry onto my piece, and hung it all on some ball chain. 


If you create something inspired by my project, please leave a comment with a link here, so I can come and visit to see! I would love for you to visit me at my "house" too!! Thank you so much for reading!! ~ rachel 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


.................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...