Friday, August 24

Beach Inspired Barrette

Greetings everyone!

Don't forget to checkout how to be apart of the Amazing Crafting Products Design Team the call is up so check it out!

Welcome to my vacation inspired post for Amazing Crafting Products.  We recently returned from a two week trek across 10 states.  One of the places we visited was Lake Michigan (the "beach" in my hometown).  Besides the fact was not a balmy 78 degrees like it is in the ocean, it was a beautiful day for swimming, playing in the sand, finding drift wood and shells (yes even though Lake Michigan is a fresh water lake there are still shells.)  I wanted to take those objects and create something that would always remind me of "home" it also had to be functional.  I went to a local bead shop when I was home Noc Bay Trading Company and purchased some barrettes and other items, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this post.



1.  Materials:
  • Amazing Mold Putty
  • Amazing Quick Cast
  • Barrette
  • Sand
  • Drift Wood
  • Shell
  • Bic® Mark-it Brown Marker
  • Hot Glue Gun/Glue
2.  Take equal parts of A & B of Amazing Mold Putty

3.  Mix throughly equal parts of A & B of Amazing Mold Putty.

4.  Impress object into mold - allow to set for 3 - 10 minutes.  Un-mold original object.

5.  Put sand in the mold before mixing resin.

6.  Mix quick cast (equal parts A & B) pour into mold.  Hold barrette until resin is set - 2-8 minutes.

7.  Un-mold barrette.  Color the sides with a brown Bic Mark-it and add the drift wood and shell to finish the piece.   



Close up of the drift wood and the shell

Finished barrette from the top

Finished barrette from the side


Now I have a great keepsake that can be worn anytime created from found objects from my vacation!

2 comments:

  1. memories are meant to be put into resin - its my new motto....I see you got the memo to. Lovely piece Amanda, make some shell earrings to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a clever way to use the resin. I may have to try this! Supposed to be in Florida next weekend...depending on the hurricane. I am going to pick up some sand there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...