Sunday, December 18

A Favorite Ornament Transformed into a Sleigh Pin

Good morning and welcome to another Amazing Mold Putty creation. Brenda here – I cannot get over how much I love using this stuff. As we were putting up our Christmas tree this year and going through boxes and boxes of ornaments I came across an ornament that I absolutely love and that's when it hit me...I can make a mold and cast it and then turn it into a pin. 

Here is the ornament. It's very heavy, I think its pewter, but I just love the detail in it...


I casted it using the Alumilite Silver Metallic Powder that I recently got from Amazing Crafting Products mixed in with the Amazing Casting Resin. This stuff is so awesome!


Here you can see the finished piece and the original piece.


Then I mixed up a bit of black acrylic paint with a little water, painted it and wiped the excess off to give it an aged look. I painted the bows with red acrylic paint, the tree with green acrylic paint and added a bit of Alumilite Pearlescent Powder to the tree while it was still wet to give it some shimmer and shine. I also snipped the "hanger" portion off of the tree and cut a bit too deep, but I still like it a lot.


See... I cut the "tree top" off :(

Then I added a pin back and let that dry overnight and 24 hours later
I have an adorable pin for my jacket.



See the little snowman? I'll be showing you these next week sometime...
so stay tuned for more inspirations.

I hope I've inspired you to create something with the Amazing Mold Putty because the possibilities are endless. If you'd like to see more of my creations, click here and I will see you again real soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pin... it is amazing how you can take a loved object and give it another purpose just by molding it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...