Monday, April 25

Spring Blossoms bring #Cre8time Wishing Spools... by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda from Creativity is a State of Mind with a Mold Rubber Monday project. In keeping with my theme this month of flowers, I created some dandelion wishes. Now I don't always have a purpose for what I create – this was just a fun thing to do. 

I took an ordinary spool of thread with the thread attached and using the Amazing Mold Rubber, I created my mold. You can view how to use this amazing product HERE


I created a spool with the Amazing Casting Resin and a tiny bit of the Alumilite Blue Dye to see how it would turn out. Can you see the detail in the blue resin spool? All the threads are picked up too! I love how the Amazing Mold Rubber picks up the tiniest details.


Here I am molding the spool with the Alumilite Fluorescent "Flo" Green Dye dye with the Amazing Casting Resin. Before the resin cures all the way I added a button to the resin and that will then adhere firmly. 

**I had to cut the mold to get the spool out, but a wrapping a little bit of tape or using a rubber band holds the mold together perfectly when pouring resin.


While my spools were curing, I used Susan Brown's VLVS! dandelion stamp. As you can see, this stamp is used ALOT!


I stamped the image on green tissue paper using StazOn Jet black ink.


I also cut dandelions with my Cricut!


Once my spools were cured, I Mod Podge'd the tissue paper on part of the spool leaving a bit of a tail to show movement!


I added more buttons with hot glue and some sparkly pipe cleaners.


And here are my finished spools. I absolutely adore these decorations. My daughter in law loves dandelions and these sit proudly on her kitchen window sill! Now she can make dandelion wishes every day!

What would you mold to create
fun, unique flower pots?

Thank you for joining me today for another Mold Rubber Monday.

Until next time, WISHING you happy crafting. ~ Brenda

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

It's that time to have you chance to join our team of Amazing Creatives!


DEADLINE to apply is April 29, 2016.

  http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com/2016/04/an-amazing-opportunity-awaits.html

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...