Friday, December 4

Dress the Walls with a little #Cre8time Recycling... by Melissa Johnson #12daysofHomeDecor





Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share with you a mixed media wall hanging I've created as a gift for my sister in law (shh... don't tell her!)


To begin, I started with an old piece of barnwood that a friend passed along to me. I lightly painted it with turquoise acrylic paint, then sanded it a bit to smooth it out and distress the paint.

 
 

I set the board aside and began working with some bottle caps and vintage images. I placed the images inside of the bottlecaps, and poured Amazing Clear Cast Resin inside of each one.


I dug through my stash and found a picture of a vintage girl and added her to the board, along with the bottlecaps.


I finished off the entire project by adding a fun little phrase to the girl, a vintage style button, and some twine. Here it is all finished and ready to be gifted!




How do you dress up your walls?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
For more of my mixed media projects, please visit my blog.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...