Monday, September 14

#Cre8time for Memory Keeping... "Ring-A-Ding-Thing" Part B by Aimée Wheaton


Hello all!! My last project was a very simple trinket holder that I molded using Amazing Mold Rubber. I had hinted that I may do another variation of that project in my last post and this post is exactly that, PART B of the Ring-A-Ding-Thing. I love that you can reuse previously created molds and keep the creations going! This is more of a decoration but it could be used to create a memory keepsake very easily. To see how to make your own mold watch this video.


Obviously you need to create the base first to do this. I decided to use some brown Alumilite Dye and only used 4 drops. I mixed it into our Amazing Casting Resin into part "A" and then mixed it all together with part "".


Fully mixed brown dye, a little goes a long way!


I then poured it into the mold and had extra so to not
waste it, I poured it into another mold as well.


While the resin was curing I got my ephemera together that I wanted to use. I trimmed it out and sealed it with Golden Gel Matte Medium.


Thought this was funny.


Put it all together and wait to dry. Make sure it's sealed well.


Fresh out of the mold!! This is the brown I wanted
so I'm glad I didn't use more drops of dye.


Glue down the ephemera well.


I decided to give it some shimmer by adding some
Alumilite Copper Metallic Powder and some glitter.


Liking it already.


Arrange your little bits the way you want
and then hot glue them in place.


Mix up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and coat the surface including the little pieces you put in. Let it cure overnight or most of the day.


Tie a ribbon on the stem and you have yourself some cute little decor! :)


I'm "diggin' it"! What you do you think?

I hope you enjoyed this project!! I think I'll be making a few more!!

The options are endless!!

To see how all of our AMAZING products can enhance your art,
check out these AMAZING products!

Let's see what you can create with
Amazing Mold Rubber.


Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me.
To see more of my work please visit my new blog "Life Glitter Makeup"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:

Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...