Friday, September 18

#Cre8time Brewing... DIY #Halloween Chalkboard by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Casting Products inspiration post! Lately I have been cleaning and looking through my art supplies for Halloween themed items. In a box I found a series of Amazing Mold Putty molds I made in 2012.


One of my favorites molds is a family of Jack o' Lantern pumpkins I created by molding a small polymer clay piece I had sculpted.


I store my molds in freezer bags and even after all that time in storage my Amazing Mold Putty molds were still in perfect shape to make more castings!

I had made a wall decoration with my original casting but I wondered what other projects could I embellish with my family of pumpkins? I poured several copies of the pumpkins out of Amazing Casting Resin, painted the resin pumpkins with acrylic paints and sealed them with Liquitex Gloss Varnish. I saved the two other painted resin pumpkin pieces for future projects.

Once the paint was dry I applied a thin layer of Liquitex Matte Varnish to one of the resin pumpkin pieces, then rubbed on Orange Alumidust and let dry.


I painted an old picture frame with black chalk paint and let dry. Carefully I glued on the resin pumpkins, twigs for pumpkin stems and little paper leaves.


After I placed all of the leaves, I felt it was missing something, so I brought out flat backed acrylic gems to give it some sparkle. I applied small dots of Beacon Gem-Tac to the frame and picked up small acrylic flat back gems with a crayon.

** A TIP** The gems stick to the crayon when you press the crayon gently on top of the front of the gem, allowing you to move it to the desired place without getting glue on your fingers.


Once the glue was dry I added a thin layer of Liquitex Matte Varnish to the leaves, and dusted them with Orange Alumidust and let dry. Using a chalk marker allows me to write quickly and can easily be cleaned with a baby wipe.

After having so much fun reusing an older Amazing Mold Putty mold, I can't wait to see what other projects I can make.

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?


Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...