Friday, July 31

#Cre8time Mixed Media with a TWIST of RESIN...
by Guest Designer Kimberly N.


Greetings! Today we welcome back Amazing Guest Creative... Kimberly N. – a mixed-media artist who loves vintage, Steampunkery and all things distressed. Today she is sharing some mixed media inspiration using Amazing Casting Products!


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

This mixed media project uses a 12" x 12" canvas that's been stamped, sprayed and painted – then accented with a smaller canvas {turned over creating a frame}, cast resin pieces and other chunky embellishments. Follow along as I point out the details...


I poured leftover Amazing Casting Resin onto waxed paper and let it set up some. While is was still pliable... I cut into strips with my scissors then I rolled them into wave shapes. I painted them with Tattered Angels High Impact Black Paint so the edges would stand out from my canvas.


You can see I made another heart casting {from the same mold I created heart pendant} to add to my canvas. With the leftover Amazing Casting Resin, I kept stirring until it was almost ready to cure completely... then I poured it out to to waxed paper to get this crazy bumpy rustic piece. I mounted this on the top of the small canvas as an accent piece.


Behind the butterfly is Amazing Casting Resin {with some Finnabair chunky stuff mixed in} poured onto waxed paper that I pulled up and ruffled. When fully cured, I dripped some Espresso Bean Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam onto them .


I made the head using Amazing Mold Putty and an angel wall decoration. I made the large chunky gear from a mold I made using the gears from the tape gun! The other gears are timeouts cut outs with splats of resin then painted with Tattered Angels Mallard Glimmer Mist, Tattered Angels Leather Glimmer Mist and Faber-Castell Gelatos. I stamped the back ground using a scripted word stamp and finished off the heart with a Prima key.

How do you add amazing texture
and dimension to your mixed media?

Please comment below and give our AMAZING Guest Creative Kimberly N. some love. We want to give a huge thank you to Kimberly for joining us. We hope you have enjoyed her projects using Amazing Casting Products. Please visit "Scraps of Inspired Art" to see more of Kimberly's work or on her blog HERE

 • • • • • • • • • • • • 



Hi my name is Kimberly N. – I am married to my junior high school sweetheart and I have three amazing boys, two beautiful daughters in-laws, one grandson and two granddaughters. I started crafting about 9 years ago... I started out with a Cricut then expanded from there. I enjoy altering the unexpected and I LOVE playing with mixed-media art. My creative style can best be described as being vintage-distress, as I love combining vintage and Steampunk.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...