Monday, May 25

Read All About It!! Casting with ReMARKable Detail in Amazing Mold Rubber by Melissa Johnson


Good morning everyone! Today I am sharing a fun bookmark that I created using Amazing Mold Rubber, which I have to say is pretty darn amazing! It cures so quickly (well, here in Texas!).

To begin, I wanted to cast a few antique crystals that I bought last summer at an antiques show. I mixed the mold rubber and glued down my pieces using a heavy duty glue dot {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. I used the lid of an container of beads as the mold box.

   

When the mold was completely cured, I pulled the original pieces out.


I decided to use the larger of the crystals for this particular project, so I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured it into the mold. When that had cured, I painted it with a very thin layer of Golden paint in cobalt blue and drilled a small hole in the top. The detail is amazing!


I also had a small key laying around and since there was some extra resin, I found a bezel in my stash and laid down a scrap piece along with the key and poured the resin over it all.

   

While that was curing, I found a piece of ribbon in my stash and using the Alumilite Dye in Blue, I mixed up a few drops along with some water and some alcohol. The alcohol was actually an accident. :) It was still in my mini spray bottle I keep on my desk from a previous project.


I dipped the ribbon in the mixture and let it soak in.
Then I pulled it out, balled it up, and dried it with a heat gun.


To finish, I assembled all of the pieces (adding in a metal
finding from my stash) using jump rings and the dyed ribbon.


What found objects will you mold
and cast in Amazing Mold Rubber?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...