Tuesday, March 17

#MixedMedia Layering is KEY... Amazing Inspiration by Melissa Johnson


Good afternoon everyone! Today I'd like to share a mini mixed media canvas that I have created. I say canvas, but it's actually a treated scrap of muslin fabric. The muslin was first treated with a layer of joint compound and clear gesso. Then I painted it with a mixture of Alumidust and Alumilite Metallic Powder in gold. I love using these products like paints in my mixed media projects. Look at this texture and color!


I added the vintage photo and bookpaper, using gel medium. Then I sewed on a scrap of lace and added a few paper flowers. I also cut a thick piece of cardboard and glued it to the back of the muslin to give it some added strength. I went over the entire surface with a coat of wax to really bring out a vintage feel.


I created this key using the Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin, then attached it to the back of the piece.

Here is the finished piece...
Be Still – Mixed Media Mini "Canvas"

  

How would you use
in your mixed media arting?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...