Tuesday, December 23

AMAZING #Cre8time Holiday Treats... #Handmade Chocolate Gifts by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Casting Products inspired project! With the holidays just right around the corner there are so many last minute crafty details I have yet to finish. One of my favorite crafty details is a holiday tradition to make flavored fudge to give as gifts to family and friends. I normaly make up the fudge, pour it into a square baking pans to cool and cut up into bite size pieces to be wrapped. However I got to thinking how Amazing Remelt might help me make the fudge pieces look more festive!

Supplies: 
 Fudge Recipe:
  • 12oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp Kahlua Liqueur

I wanted to create little mini wrapped package pieces. The pieces needed to be created from something food safe so out came the fondant, such as I did with my Butter Pat Tutorial.

Starting with simple square and rectangle shapes to mimic packages, I rolled out some of the fondant thin to make a criss-cross ribbon pattern on each package. I let the fondant dry overnight in a warm, dry area until hard.



Once the pieces were fully dry (they will feel like a hard candy), I attached them to the inside of a plastic salad container with a little water. When dry fondant is touched with water it becomes tacky and sticky all over again, in this case sticking to the inside of the container.


I then sprayed all of the pieces lightly with cooking spray to act as a food safe mold release.


When heating up the Remelt I was careful to try heating it for 15 second intervals. Depending on how much Remelt you are trying to melt and how hot the microwave being used is, the time needed to melt can vary dramatically. 

From a 12 -15 inch distance I poured the Amazing Remelt in the mold box – the distance gives the Remelt a chance to release more bubbles before cooling. I used a small toothpick to drag any bubbles caught in the Amazing Remelt before it cooled to make sure to get a better casting.


Once the Amazing Remelt was cooled, no longer warm or sticky to the touch, I was able to carefully remove the fondant pieces.

If the fondant pieces are a wee bit gooey and soft it is because of a excess of cooking spray but it will not harm the Remelt. The fondant pieces can be left to dry and reharden if you would like to cast them again. Anytime you create a mold with your original made from fondant you will have to gently clean the molds to remove any sugar or oil left from the casting process and left to air dry on a cutting board.


Before I started on mixing up the fudge I placed my Remelt mold in the freezer, chilling the mold, allowing the Amazing Remelt to tolerate warm foods being placed into the mold without the Remelt mold melting. However the rather cold mold accelerated the fudge cooling, not allowing it to pick up detail as seen in the first row on the left. So with the second batch of fudge I put the Remelt mold in the refrigerator for less than 20 minutes, giving the Remelt some coolness but still allowing the fudge to be pushed completely into the mold to pick up the detail, as seen in the middle row of fudge.


I combined all of the ingredients listed under the fudge recipe in a nonstick pot and slowly stirred the ingredients over a medium heat with a heat tolerant spatula until everything was mixed together and the chocolate melted. *Be very careful not to overcook the chocolate, it can burn easily.


Once the chocolate is smooth I carefully and quickly transferred the chocolate to the refrigerator cooled molds. *Careful the chocolate will be very hot!

Using a spatula, carefully I pushed the chocolate into the molds; the spatula helped push any air bubbles out. I then placed the molds back into the refrigerator, letting the chocolate set.


Once the chocolate was solid it was easy to pop out of the molds, place each piece on a square of wax paper and place them into boxes. With the help of Amazing Remelt I was able to create a new twist to a family tradition!

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...