Thursday, September 4

#Cre8time Inspired Baroque Bird Earrings
by Aimée Wheaton


Hi all! Just a little inspiration from me to you! While perusing a new antique shop I happened upon these iron hummingbird/floral things from the 80's. I have no clue what they are other than being a decoration. I thought they would make an amazing pair of big earrings so I decided to mold them! I'm always looking for unique pieces to turn into something wearable. I wasn't sure if they would mold correctly but the Amazing Mold Putty stands up to it's name again!


The mold turned out amazing!!! So I started to mix the Amazing Clear Cast Resin and thought these would be fun in purple so I used one drop of the violet Alumilite Dye!


I mixed some silver Alumidust Powder in for some shine as well. I poured them into the molds and let them sit overnight and most of the next day. I demolded them and they looked amazing!

Then I decided to bring out the details with Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder and sealed with a gel medium I had and boy did they pop! Originally I wanted just purple earrings next time I will add the gold into the mold itself before pouring the resin. I added a jump ring and ear wire and they are ready to wear and super light! 


I LOVE that I can make these over and over again in different colors or even turn it into a pendant! Plan on seeing more with this design! Would love to see what you can turn into earrings!


They go well with my purple hair!

Let's see what you can create
with your antique treasures,

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 

To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...