Thursday, April 3

Maria Soto... an AMAZING Artist Spotlight

Good Morning! This month we will be sharing a little more on each one of our Creative Team. Today we bring you a fun Q&A with one of our AMAZING Creatives... Maria Soto - and we'll get to know her a little better! Maria is a fabulous mixed media artist and really thinks out of the box... you have to see what she can do with new products, duck tape and your "run of the mill" crafting supplies.

Enjoy :) Sb


"I’m a crafter and CHA Designer. I have been creating all types of crafts and one-of-a-kind designs for over 10 years. I love to paint, and make my own beads and charms. I have learned so many techniques and have worked with all different types of materials over the years. I love to challenge myself into learning what I find interesting and incorporate this into what I already like to do. My favorite part of crafting/designing is the freedom of creating what I envision – and being able to share what I love with others. As a mother of three very creative young adults, the best part of being creative is to be able to share my love for art with them."

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"I remember as a little girl, I wanted to learn how to sew so I could make my dolls clothes – so my mom showed me how. Little did I know that would be the beginning of my creative journey.  I wanted to be a fashion designer, and I did design dresses for a while before and after I graduated high school – including my prom dress and a wedding dress for a friend."

Coke or Pepsi???
"Well let's see... I used to have an addiction to Pepsi, for many years. But when I lived back in Mexico, it was Coke for me, the Coke over there just tasted better than it does here in the U.S. For the past four years all I drink is water, no pop of any kind for me anymore."

What inspires you?
"I find inspiration pretty much any where. Sometimes all it takes is to see a pretty flower, or a beautiful blue sky covered with clouds and sunshine.  Not to mention all the amazing projects you get to see on FB, Pinterest, etc."


What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?

"I don't have a bucket list, but if I were to start one right now... I would have to say that there are two things I would love to do – learn to play the guitar and sing so I can perform with my kids. We all share the love for art and music."

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?

"All I need is................"
I think a t-shirt with this saying would be
a great conversation starter, don't you think? 


If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
"There is one thing I would love to mold, and that is my hand. Really – I would love to do so in a way that I can use it to display my jewelry."

What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"I have to listen to music all the time, while at the office, while I drive, and mostly while I craft! I love alternative, blues, rock and mostly romantic songs but in Spanish. Let's just say my playlists have all these different types of music – so I listen to different songs, different music all the time. I even used to go to sleep listening to music."
We hope you enjoyed this peek inside Maria's world.

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back later today for some AMAZING Inspiration from  Maria Soto... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to head on over to Maria's blog "What is Creativity" and check out more of her fabulous work.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...