Friday, April 4

It's an AMAZING Time for #Cre8time!!! Altered Clock Tutorial by DeeDee Catron

Hey folks! DeeDee here today bringing you a How-To during our awesome partnership with Frog Dog Studio. I was really excited to get my kit and pull out all things to play... so let's jump right in!


I started by gathering supplies.. my April Frog Dog Studio Mixed Media Kit and the April Add-On Kit that includes Amazing Casting Resin, Amazing Mold Putty, Mixing Cups, and Stir Sticks. I also snuck in some products from a previous Frog Dog Studio kit including a blank Tim Holtz clock and some rusting powder {Dusty Attic Rusting Powder is still available at Frog Dog Studio store}.


I took a leaf from Susan's book and molded some hardware which allowed me to color them as I chose and not add much weight to my piece. The screw heads were molded with Amazing Mold Putty, cast in Amazing Casting Resin and dusted with Silver Metallic Powder. They were then glued to the top bells of the clock.


I layered the clock with gesso, crackle paint, distress stain,
rusting powder and a  mix of distress stain and gel medium.



The final result looks like this. Now I have an old rusty clock to play with!


I knew I wanted to fill the clock with something a little more soft and feminine, so I  gathered some supplies to make flowers. I die-cut the Canvas Corp. Mini Canvas Circles from the April Kit.


And painted the tips with the iZink gold (also from kit).


I wanted a bit of  BAM for the flowers, so fished out an older floral type mold and filled 'er up with equal parts "A" and "B" of Amazing Casting Resin.


I allowed it to cure, and adhered it to the middle of my flower – 
repeating to make three of these.


I compiled a few premade flowers on the inside of my clock...
a few I layered up, and the three I made myself.


As one more final bit o' goodness, I watered down some of the iZink and washed over a couple scrap pieces of resist ephemera from Heidi Swapp that I had in my stash.


Here's my final piece which ended up as a home for this sweet girl from Viva Las VegaStamps!.


A closeup of the handmade flower and Amazing Casting Resin center.
 

Here you can see the molded screw heads really well.

Thank so much for visiting me here at the Amazing Crafting Products Blog. I hope you'll keep visiting (well, really forever) but also because there are some amazing things coming up with this Frog Dog Studio and Amazing Crafting Products partnership!

Hasta casting and molding friends - DeeDee

• • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...