Thursday, February 13

Molding SWEET Treats for Your JAVA... #Cre8time fun with Susan M. Brown {sbartist}


Happy Thursday Everyone! Susan dropping by today with a super fun and easy way to dress up your morning coffee for your Valentine – with some custom shaped sugar cubes. Using some heart-shaped chocolates from the Dollar Tree {my fav guilty pleasure}, I created a mold with Amazing Mold Putty... I didn't even bother unwrapping them. I love the texture of the foil on the chocolates.


In case you've missed how Amazing Mold Putty works... here's a little refresher.


Next thing I did was rummage around my pantry for my collection of Wilton colored sugars for cake decorating and grabbed a couple recycled wooden coffee stir sticks and mini silicone mixing cups.


Quick and easy indeed! I poured a little bit of each color into a silicone mixing cup, added just a couple drops of water and stirred until the sugar was the consistency of wet sand at the beach.


Then I poured the mixture into the mold and pressed the sugar making a compact cake. This is just like packing wet sand to make a sand-castle... and just as fun – tastes better, too!


A little *TIP* – if you heat your Amazing Mold Putty mold up in the microwave a minute or two {test this first at 15 second increments to see how hot your device heats it and please use oven mitts} before putting sugar mixture into mold, it will help them dry out faster. Do not cook the sugar in the mold... it will melt or burn giving you something completely different.


**PLEASE NOTE** For your safety - please don't use a mold for food items if you have already used it for resin or other art products.

I didn't have any pink sugar... so I easily whipped some up using my natural cane sugar and one drop of red food coloring and a couple drops of water. This project took about half an hour and I made several of each color - and a couple different shapes from other hearts previously molded. I didn't eat a single one since I already had my cuppa dark chocolate almond milk latte in hand. My hubs will be quite surprised when I leave these out for him tomorrow morning for Valentine's Day breakfast.

Sweetheart Sugar Cubes


How do you take your sugar...
one heart, or two... red, yellow or blue??

I'm linking this up to the "Tic-Tac-Love" Challenge #32 at Anything But a Card Challenges. I selected the top row going across {red/recycle/glitter}. My recycled mold from my seasonal projects last year, red food coloring for my oh so glittery sugar crystal hearts! 

If you would like to see more of my creations, please visit my blog
sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here. ~ Susan

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

6 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Wake up to a Valentine's treat first thing off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you read my mind I wanted to make some sugar hearts to help my daughter with her valentine. great project idea .

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Can I have the chocolate?? LOL xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! These are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis was such a great idea. A fun way to greet the morning. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...