Tuesday, October 1

Welcome to OCTOBER - Our 2nd Blogiversary and other AMAZING Things!


Hello Amazing Crafters! It's a new month... OCTOBER. How did fall sneak up on us? Susan here to welcome you all to another month and to bring you some news and a little AMAZING Inspiration, too.

First up - a little known fact... TODAY the Amazing Mold Putty Blog celebrates it's Second Blogiversary. Yep - two whole years – and it feels like we're only just getting started. As one of the founding designers here; I am so proud to be leading this team of amazingly creative individuals! Once I tried Amazing Mold Putty... there was no turning back – my creative process was forever transformed... making anything possible.

So throughout October the Amazing Crafting Products Creative Team will be bringing you new projects and fabulous inspiration on using Amazing Crafting Products -AND- we will have FLASHBACK recap posts of projects from our vault. We have one of our Alumni, Niki Sargent Meiners joining us this month as our Amazing Featured Artist and will be showcased on Friday's starting Oct. 11th. Don't forget this is a celebration and we love to party so we will be having some giveaways, a link-up party and more featured fan-days, too. 

So I invite you to join us for the fun!


Now for a little inspiration to share with you today. October is the month of Halloween – a personal favorite holiday of mine to create handmade goodies. Well this morning, I made a bunch of molds after my morning coffee. A couple molds were of interesting shapes heading to the recycling bin for Tuesday pickup, and this fun little jack-o-lantern mold... made with flat paper shapes. REALLY!

You can make a mold from practically anything!


I have this package of foil pumpkins that are like jumbo confetti. I got them for crafty projects and art goody swaps... but today I'm making a jack-o-lantern mold with Amazing Mold Putty. You just never know what or when INSPIRATION arrives - but when it does I run with it.


So I stacked my remaining pumpkins and prepared a batch of Amazing Mold Putty mixing equal portions of parts "A" and "B". When completely combined, I formed it into a ball and smoothed out, flattened out slightly and pressed on top of my stack of smiling pumpkins. I pressed down so that the mold putty filled into the face and brought the sides around and form the side walls. I let the mold sit to cure for about 15 minutes then I gently removed each die cut pumpkin one at a time {I think I had about eight stacked up}.


My new Jack-o-Lantern Mold is Ready to Haunt!

I have a perfect project in mind that I will share as soon as I mold a couple other items. You never know when an opportunity presents itself screaming "MOLD ME!" This was the case for me today. I could use this for a fun candy mold, ice cubes... or cast in resin – the possibilities are endless!

What would you mold from ordinary objects???

Stay tuned for more exciting and AMAZING things to come this month. We will be celebrating our 2 Year Blogiversary throughout the month so be sure to subscribe via e-mail in the top right sidebar and never miss a post {always delivered daily to you inbox just as you see them here}.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!
...........................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...