Saturday, August 17

WHAT - Empty Bezels!!? Create Custom Resin Cabochons... AMAZING Inspiration from Carole Lassak

Hi!! Carole here to report about my rearranging/cleaning of my craft supplies the other day. I came across a handful of bezels left over from a long-ago project. I just couldn't bear to put them in the discard pile. (Truth be told, I never did get a discard pile. Can you spell h-o-a-r-d-e-r?) So, I decided I'd put cabochons in them and have great jewelry pieces.

Great idea, except that I didn't have any cabs the right size. Not a problem!! I found a marble with the right diameter and molded the bottom third of it. I followed these standard directions for creating a mold using Amazing Mold Putty and pouring the Amazing Casting Resin.


Next comes the fun part. Staining the resin cabochon with alcohol inks.
Yes, it really is a round cabochon—not just a flat disc of resin. 


My handmade cabochon was a perfect fit for my bezel. I secured the cab in the bezel with a bit of E-6000 adhesive. The encircling melon-colored rhinestone chain is held in place with dabs of E-6000, too.


Can't wait to make more of these resin cabochons. The Amazing Crafting Products make them so easy to produce, and the alcohol inks make each one unique.

What would you mold and cast to fill your bezels?

You can see more projects using Amazing Crafting Products on my Create & Craft blog. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



...........................................


What to do??? CLICK HERE to jump to post with all the details.
You can't win if you don't play. Winner will be announced Monday Aug. 19th.


Join us each Monday for Mold Rubber Mondays – where we will share projects and inspiration using this fabulous new product available at Amazing Crafting Products!
...........................................

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...