Tuesday, July 2

Paper Pendants... AMAZING Inspiration
by Isabel Villarreal


I'm sure that at some point while you're cleaning or organizing your bookshelf you have come across an old tattered book and you've asked yourself "Self, what can I do with this old book?" Well, I'm here to tell you don't throw it - give it a new life! With a little imagination and a little help from Amazing Crafting Products, you can turn old pages into a new story. This month I'm focusing on my favorite author and poet:  Edgar Allan Poe. I have an old yellowed copy of a story collection that has pages falling away from the binding, so I decided to take those pages and turn them into a paper pendant.


I found these great vintage movie posters on the web and just printed them out in a small size and attached them to card stock. Book pages were then cut to size and applied to the back of the images using Mod Podge. The back of each pendant is made of 7 layered "pages" from the corresponding story title, making both the front and back of the pendant visual focal points. Being that the pendants are paper, I had to find a way to protect them so that they could actually be used as jewelry. To seal the entire pendant for gloss and protection it was Amazing Clear Cast Resin to the rescue! Sterling wire provided the final touch.

I'm always looking for creative ways to use household items and I hate to throw out books, so I'm really excited to try this out with other favorites.

Which of your favorite stories will you revive?

I'd love to see what you create - please share your creations

.................................
__________________________________________
.................................

Want to SOCIALize? Please follow Amazing Crafting Products on
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting and on Pinterest HERE -or- join us on our Facebook page.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...