Friday, July 19

A Paintbrush is not just for Painting Anymore!!!
AMAZING Inspiration by Maria Soto

Hi there, my name is Maria - and I'm so excited to one of the Guest Designers on the Amazing Crafting Products Creative Team! I have watched all the beautiful and amazing projects created by everyone that I was very intimidated to create my own molds and to work with Amazing Crafting Products. Well now that I've started making molds, I can't stop!


I want to share a project I created, an altered paint brush. It is my very first altered project and decided to use the Amazing Casting Resin on the brush itself, and created a couple of flowers by using the Amazing Clear Cast Resin and made the flower molds by using the Amazing Mold Putty.

This project allowed me to use the Amazing Casting Resin in a different way so after mixing it - I just pored it over the paint handle in front and back and on the bristles in the front, waited for it to set, and the next day I used some of my Viva Decor Inka Gold in red and their 3D stamp paint in two colors. Here are some photos of the before and after. 


This is the original paint brush - the Amazing Casting Resin
was added on the handle front and back. 


This is the back of the handle, after the cast resin set, I painted over the entire handle by using my fingers to add Viva Decor Inka Gold in Red - I loved the way the resin looks after the paint was added. 


Now this is the front of the handle - the Amazing Casting Resin
gave the handle the look of wood, which I love. 


This is the front of the brush - here you can see the Amazing Casting Resin, I did not want to cover it all up, so I left some white exposed to add more color, here you can see the two blue flowers I made using the Amazing Mold Putty to make the molds and then used the Amazing Clear Cast Resin to make them. 


Here is the entire altered paint brush - it's so beautiful! I love how a simple, ordinary paint brush was used to create a decorative item to show off or to give as a gift.

What ordinary household item would you love
to alter into something new and unexpected?

To see more of my creations, please visit my blog "What is Creativity?". ~ Maria

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
...........................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. Such a unique and EXCITING way to alter an object. I just love how you transformed this ordinary tool into something SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...