Tuesday, October 18

Halloween Hot Glue Embellishments

Good morning crafters! I am so excited to share another project using the Amazing Molding Putty. If you missed my first tutorial using this stuff, click here. I've been searching the house for all kinds of things to make molds out of and this time I think I came up with a fabulous idea for a friend, so here we go:

First this is what you need:


Here are my containers


I found these cutesie Halloween erasers that I had from last year.
This particular one is of a pumpkin.


So I created my mold.


Here it is and it takes less than 5 minutes to set up.


Then I added hot glue to the mold...


and I used alcohol ink to color it


I attached some google eyes, mouth and nose;
and some paper leaves with hot glue.


I also used a glitter hot glue stick. One small stick made 2 perfect pumpkins!


And again I attached google eyes, nose, mouth and some paper leaves.


I made a gift baggie for a friend who uses ALOT of hot glue on her projects. Now she just needs to pop off the eyes, noses, mouths and leaves and she can stick her pumpkins into her melting pot and she has hot glue again. 

So what do you think of my idea? 

5 comments:

  1. Very clever!! Guess who's going to fire up her glue gun tonight???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea! So cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of Hot Glue as a casting material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea for making embellishments for costuming! i had a theatre prof show us one time making brooches from hot glue only problem is that were no consistency...a mold would make them the same every time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...